Launch meeting – New solutions to old problems – exchange of new type of approaches in the field of Roma integration
On 17-18 September 2020, the project team gathered online for the launch meeting of the project New solutions to old problems – exchange of new type of approaches in the field of Roma integration.
The objectives of the meeting were:
- To learn more about the expectations and roles of partners
- To introduce the Project Market and prepare for the selection of good practices
- To discuss capacity-building needs of the partners to support developing the training and coaching activities
- To introduce the common advocacy objectives of the project and start reflecting about national advocacy for better bottom-up funding
- To get to know the EEA/Norway grants and its expectations towards our project
- To publicly launch the project
The meeting started with a short recap of the aim of the project and the different work packages and continued with presenting the roles and expectations of partners, an introduction of the EEA/Norway grants & Fund Operator and their expectations towards our project.
We also had an introduction of the Project Market and Peer to Peer partnerships and of good practices in general (What makes a good practice? What are our criteria? What do the partners already have in mind?)
The first day of the launching meeting also targeted the capacity-building side of the project, so we had an introduction to the work package – communication & presentation training, learning academies, individual coaching, transparency criteria, project management toolkit.
On Friday 18th September we met to discuss the advocacy work package – funding research, national advocacy meetings, European meetings.
Also, we will share national funding situations and related national advocacy objectives & partners ( what are we working on already, who are our national partners, what are our aims? )
We also had an introduction to communication work package – project website, information sessions, social media campaigns, story-telling, project video, crowdfunding. In this session we discussed the communication requirements for partners and brainstorming on ideas to promote the project.
We also tackled the risk management: What can go wrong in the project and how can we deal with it and possible challenges.
The launching meeting ended with a short evaluation and suggestions for improving future meetings.