No. project: 2023-1-RO01-ESC51-VTJ-000135692
Period: 9-12 months, starting with 1st January 2024
Nevo Parudimos Association implements, starting from January 2024, the Viva la Vida II volunteering project, financed by the European Commission through the European Solidarity Corps.
Volunteering within our project will consist in organizing:
- daily non-formal educational, child-centered activities for the children and young people from orphanages, primary schools, after schools, and kindergartens of disadvantaged areas in Resita;
- activities in our youth center aimed to involve the local young people into social activities, to facilitate the interaction between the young people in the placement centers and locals;
- cultural and volunteering activities which promote tolerance, inclusion, voluntary work, and solidarity.
During summer, the volunteers are going to facilitate summer camps for children (on different topics) and local activities.
The activities are designed to develop the children’s skills, competences, creativity, as well as to increase involvement, participation, tolerance and acceptance.
The volunteer profile is:
- Aged between 18 and 30
- Flexible, open-minded, tolerant, communicative
- With some experience as a local volunteer
- Interested in gaining experience in pedagogy, non-formal education and working with young people
- Eager to learn new things and to share their experience
- Willing to work in a team or individually with initiative and creativity
- Eager to help young people, especially the disadvantaged ones
- Ready to fight exclusion, prejudice and stereotypes
- At least having beginner level of English knowledge