International youth exchange
During the time period: 01.05.2016-31.10.2016, The Nevo Parudimos Association implemented the project: Intercultural Act 2 (contract no. 2016-1-RO01-KA105-023313), project financed by the Erasmus+ program of the European Commission, Key Action 1, Youth mobility.
The project objectives were:
- The capacity of 49 young people from 7 different countries to face an interview, using simulation games and the forum theatre method;
- The development of self-esteem of 49 young people from 7 different countries;
- The development of communication aptitudes, the use of foreign languages and speaking in public for the 49 participants;
- The development of a cooperation between the 7 international associations, from Romania, , Macedonia, Hungary, Italy, Bulgaria, Holland and the Czech Republic;
- The improvement of knowledge for the 49 participants, referring to the use of forum theatre in the activities with community youth;
- The development of working abilities with rural environment youth for the 7 group leaders, youth workers from each partner country’s NGO;
- To make 49 young people aware about the importance ad use of the Youthpass certificate in the obtaining of a future job.
The project activities contained three phases:
- The preparing phase
The project started with the preparing visit for this exchange, organized during the time period 28-29 July 2016, at the Memento guest house from the Resita town, where all the group leaders from each participant county met to establish logistical aspects and task division for each group. During the same period, the final program for the 7 days of activities was established.
- Proper youth exchange
The international youth exchange called “Intercultural Act 2” included young people from 7 European countries and took place at the Marabu Camp, in the Milcoveni village, Berliste commune, Caras-Severin County. During the project “Intercultural Act 2”, during the period 12-20.09.2016 and international youth exchange called “Intercultural Act 2”, was organized.
During the 7 days of activities, youth from Romania, Hungary, Holland, the Czech Republic, Macedonia and Italy, promoted presentation methods during interviews the importance of a well built CV, the importance of a Youthpass certificate in the obtaining of a new job and the importance of social inclusion of disadvantaged groups, of tolerance, understanding, communication, having as main working method the forum theatre.
The youth exchange promoted an active participation of youth because the methodology proposed had as basis the principles of non-formal education. At the end of the youth exchange a public event was realized, which contained two forum theatre plays. These were presented on the stage of the Milcoveni culture house. The theatre plays had a positive impact among the Milcoveni villagers, especially among young people, because these were actively involved in the play development, they offered suggestions in order to understand different situation that young people may meet during a job interview.
- Activities realized after the international youth exchange, continuity.
After the youth exchange organized in Romania, each youth group, with the support of local partners from each country and the involvement of local volunteers, presented the activities realized during the project held in Romania.
The results of this project were especially important for young participants and for group leaders directly involved in the project implementation. They managed to better understand what being well prepared means when facing an interview, why is it important for young village people to be informed of all aspects of a successful interview, what is the relevance of a Youthpass certificate in the elaboration of an Europass CV.
This experience helped more participants understand what they desire to become in the future and how they can prepare for their dream jobs. At the same time, participants developed international and intercultural relations with young people from other countries, relations which became small friendship relations.
The project was financed by the European Commission, through the Erasmus+ program, Key Action 1, Youth Mobility, and Youth Exchange.
- CoEfficient (Hungary)
- Go Foundation (Holland)
- RROMA (Macedonia)
- FOCUS (Bulgaria)
- Brno 4 You (The Czech Republic)
- Futuro Digitale (Italy)