Learned Inactivity – The reduction of the students’ number dropping out education, from disadvantaged communities with the help of non-formal education.
The Nevo Parudimos Association develops the Learned Inactivity project through the Erasmus+ program (KA2 Strategic Partnership 2015-2-HU02-KA205-001071), in partnership with the Association for Community Development from Hungary. The implementation period of this project was June 2016 – October 2017.
The project objective was that of realizing an explorative analysis of the school dropout process, mainly of the reasons that determine young people with ages between 14 and 22 years to drop school early.
The project is meant to search and create a method that can reach young people and help them not abandon school, to have a chance and the motivation to learn, so that they may obtain a job and have better life conditions.
The project supposes the realization of a scientific study, which can present the main causes of school dropout (of the target group) and the factors that may affect the youth’s behaviour, from marginalized areas, in order to reintegrate them in the educational system by using non-formal pedagogical methods.
The target group of this project is represented by young people aged between 14 and 22, who dropped out school before graduation, because of their lives situations or because of the choices made. They decided to interrupt studies because they don’t have any experience in their environment that could help them take a different decision.
The reintegration of the target group would help through the development and dissemination of a set of instruments and of a methodological material that can be used by youth workers and youth experts.
– Research with the involvement of 300 young people;
– Methodological workshops;
– Methodological material;
– 3 conferences held in autumn 2017 (in Hungary, Romania and Belgium).
The dissemination activities ensure the project visibility and the promotion of this program. The dissemination process is based in the results of the project, mainly on the results of researches and the Methodological manual.
Dissemination target group
– Representatives of youth organisations, youth workers from Hungary, Romania and interested parts mapped in a data base, containing all interested parts at the EU level, by using the EU partners network;
– Youth representatives domains, local and national social domains;
– Personnel from education, teachers, decision factors connected to social and youth domains;
– Personnel, experts and representatives of social services suppliers, child protection networks, family care centres;
– Personnel from relevant third educational institutions;
– Personnel and representatives of Roma organisations;
– Personnel and representatives of parents associations from educational institutions.
Besides experts and professional in different domains, the public in general is also included in the target group; visibility is offered on the internet, online and in mass-media, where everybody can get information. Dissemination rapports can be realized each trimester of the project as follow up strategy for the project results.
The Nevo Parudimos Association realized the exploratory research stage, which contained the administration of a set of 150 questionnaires in the Resita marginalized communities and the building of 3 youth focus groups from the target group, mainly Roma youth. The sociological research is realized according to the same structure as the Hungarian one.
The results of the research will be a part of the comparative research study which is scheduled to be published for the beginning of the year 2017.
The project is finances by the European Commission, Erasmus+, Key-action 2 / Strategic Partnership.
From the activities
Conferința organizată de Asociația Nevo Parudimos în scopul de a explora fenomenul de abandon școlar