For two years, between 31.12.2018 – 30.12.2020, Nevo Parudimos Association will implement, together with 5 international partners, the project V for Volunteering, number of reference: 2018 – 2 RO01 – KA125-049941, this beeing the last project approved in the context of the Erasmus + program, the European Voluntary Service.
V for Volunteering (VV) is a volunteer project consisting of 2 rounds of 5 volunteers each (a total of 10 volunteers) from 5 countries: Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece and Portugal, who will have a 12-month internship in Resita.
The first round of volunteers will arrive at our association between 1 February 2019 and 31 January 2020. The second round of volunteers will come from 01.01.2020 to 30.12.2020, so they will spend one month with the first round of volunteers, from which they will take over the activities that are already started.
The motivation for implementing this project starts with three main issues that young people in our local community have:
– a school system that is rigid and suppresses creativity;
– the view among many young people that volunteering is just a form of conventional work, unpaid;
– the impression of many young people that it makes no sense to engage actively in society, the belief that their opinions do not matter and can do nothing to change that.
Starting from these key challenges, the project has the following objectives:
– Improving inclusion, school participation, language skills and educational experience in general for children from disadvantaged communities through non-formal learning activities in local schools in Reşiţa during the implementation of the project.
– Developing knowledge about volunteering, benefits and responsibilities of a volunteer, promoting volunteering in Reşiţa and beyond, through a wide range of activities during the project.
– Promoting civic engagement of young people in Resita by demonstrating how engagement in the community can help understand the needs of society and the benefits it brings to its members;
– Provide an opportunity to learn how to work with children, 10 young volunteers from 5 countries and young people from disadvantaged communities and young volunteers in the city of Reşiţa to develop their sense of initiative and increase their confidence in own forces;
– Developing the skills and competencies of the 10 volunteers in coordinating and organizing educational, civic and inclusive activities, youth activities, intercultural experience and non-formal education.
To this end, there will be three main types of activities that volunteers will carry out:
– language courses in schools (both with teachers and singles);
– language cafe activities, theater workshops after school, at the Nevo Parudimos Youth Center;
– volunteer activities at various events organized by our associated local partners;
– awareness-raising campaigns on the need for active involvement of young people and how the Erasmus + program contributes to it.
The main objectives of the activities focus on the development of local youth through non-formal, foreign languages, volunteering in major local events and campaigns, cafes and theaters, while promoting the Erasmus + program, the ultimate goal being to encourage young people to become more involved in local communities, especially through volunteering; on the other hand, another goal is to improve self-esteem and sense of initiative for the 10 volunteers, while developing their social, organizational and foreign language skills.
This project is funded by the European Commission’s Erasmus + program, through the European Voluntary Service.
Asociacion las ninas del tul – Spain
Cantiere Giovani Cooperativa Sociale ONLUS – Italy
Nisantasi Universitesi – Turkey
United Societies of Balkans Astiki Etaireia – Greece
ProAtlântico – Associação Juvenil – Portugal