PIECE OF MY HEART: Be a volunteer in Hungary in a 12-month EVS project
Nevo Parudimos Association is looking for volunteers for a 12-month EVS project run by the Co-Efficient Association (Együttható Egyesület) in Gyöngyös, Hungary.
The project is called Piece of my heart and will last for one year from June 2019 until June 2020. It basically aimes the involvement of six international volunteers alongside local volunteers in Gyöngyös students’ afterschool activities and programs .
As main goals, this project aims at:
- the development of the social communication and linguistic skills of students with whom volunteers will work, of the international volunteers and local volunteers
- increasing the involvement of the afterschool process in the life of the local community
- improving social responsibility and sense of solidarity among volunteers by involving them in activities with disadvantaged groups
By participating in this project, volunteers will improve the following skills:
- Diplomacy and conflict management: as afterschool students do not often have the skills needed to solve a conflict, volunteers will have this task
- Organizational skills: each volunteer can start his own personal project or workshop with the children or with the involvement of the local community
- Adaptability and Intercultural Knowledge: The volunteers will work with the afterschool’s professional staff and other professionals in various fields. They will thus learn to adapt to different cultures and styles of communication.
Most importantly, all these skills and attitudes are relevant to the labor market, especially in areas such as education and youth work.
Participants must be between 18 and 30 and interested in social work or youth. They also have to show creativity, open mindedness, and interest in learning new things.
WHERE WILL YOU LIVE?
Volunteers will share a fully furnished house located in Gyöngyös; rent and utilities will be covered by the project.
Every month, volunteers will receive meal vouchers and pocket money.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested to apply, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All the information that you need about this project can be found in the: